Saturday, November 19, 2011
The people I met along the way...
This is my buddy Nathan Alpert. I met Nathan for the first time a day after moving to Ensenada, Mexico. Nathan lives in Mexico with his wife Charity, 2 sons Adam and Aaron, and daughter Lexi. They moved to Mexico this summer following God's call all the way from Alabama. Nathan and I seemed to be the comic relief while I was down in Mexico. Every time I was with this guy I feel like we were making a joke about something. Whether we were singing happy birthday to random staff members or quoting movies and TV shows I feel like there was never a dull moment while we were together. Though we had plenty of laughs Nathan was also there as a listener and a mentor for me. Always bringing up Bible verses in our conversations, bringing up topics from the Bible that are heavily debated by the world, or telling me stories of past experiences and how God had worked through him to do big things. Whenever I was assigned to a job that wasn't the most appealing Nathan would always tell me "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" Colossians 3:23. Though his daughter found our friendship a bit strange due to the age gap Nathan taught me a lot down in Mexico and is a friend I know I can always turn to. I'm excited to get to see my buddy again soon. Since its such a small world it turns out Nathan's father lives within 10 minutes of my house in West Palm Beach and will be visiting him soon. God works in funny was but always puts the people you need to walk along side of you. I thank God for Nathan and his family that they could be apart of my new big family that I have down in Ensenada, Mexico.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment